Role: Incubation Analyst
Duration Of Position: Full-time
Employer: Catalyst Atal Incubation Center (AIC) – an initiative of LEAD at Krea University
Reporting to: Incubation Manager
About Catalyst Atal Incubation Center (AIC):
IFMR Society has set up the Catalyst Atal Incubation Center (AIC) in Jaipur under a grant from the NITI Aayog’s (Government of India) Atal Innovation Mission. The core mandate for the incubator is to support and accelerate innovative startups in the inclusive tech domain who are building digital products and solutions for the last mile, ultimately resulting in enhancements to rural/semi-urban livelihoods. Catalyst AIC is unique in its value proposition – it provides startups with real-world test environments, granular insights on their target segments and the necessary infrastructure to rapidly test, iterate and deploy their solutions. The incubator is part of a vibrant ecosystem and will draw on thought leadership from academics, experts and practitioners, learn more here: www.catalystaic.org.
About the Position:
The Incubation Analyst will assist the Leadership team at Catalyst AIC in day-to-day activities and overall coordination. The candidate will be based in Jaipur and will closely work with the Incubation Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in startup requirement gathering; understand the requirements, pain points, and solution needs of incubated startups and associated partners with assigned programs/projects and activities.
- Work with startups to help them in conceptualizing and designing their product decks, pitching presentations, product demos, etc. Closely coordinate with relevant team members for the same
- Connect startups with relevant mentors, partners, and investors from the pool that Catalyst AIC has. Additionally, scout for other possible mentors, partners, and investors if any. Work closely with the Incubation manager to periodically organize relevant startup events. Ensure fulfilment of all compliance-related requirements for incubated startups.
- Write reports, blogs on the project being worked on. Provide up to date summaries of projects they are working on for website and other promotional activity.
- Identify and understand research questions. Design surveys questionnaires, conduct Qualitative and Quantitative Research. Assist the Manager in study design and survey instruments.
- Study key sectors and generate insights, use-cases, and industry analyses for internal and external usage.
- Interact and maintain relationships with portfolio companies, mentors, and partners.
- Active participation in events, seminars, and workshops for building and sharing sectoral knowledge. Ensure coordination with relevant team members within the organization for event participation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A highly motivated individual looking to work towards benefitting the semi-urban/rural livelihoods.
- Experience of working in startups or with an incubator/accelerator.
- Work experience of 0-2 years is required.
- Prior experience as a startup founder or with a relevant Venture Capital/Angel investment firm is a bonus.
- Overall understanding of the digital technology landscape and products required.
- Strong execution skillset – including a focus on data-driven decision making, comfort with ambiguity, ability to drive rapid “learn & implement” iterations, strong bias for action, and outcomes-based orientation.
- Good overall leadership and networking skills.
- Flexibility to work with asymmetric demands and last-minute changes to programs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with the ability to speak in front of an audience as and when deemed necessary.
- Excellent skills in the entire Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Educational Qualifications: Graduation (background in IT/Computer Science/Finance/Commerce is preferred).
- Deadline: Immediate hiring and applications are being accepted.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.